10.15.2011

another year bites the dust

i love birthdays; especially when it's my own. i think the major allure of celebrating birthdays is the dessert, and presents. mmm, cake. i'm good with cupcakes as well, or ice cream cake, or many other desserts for that matter.


last year i was in kyoto, japan, for my birthday. i miss japan. so, for my birthday this year i received various green teas (ocha) from ippodo. i actually ordered a tea from each category, rather without realizing it. from gyokuro, the karigane (stems) ocha, from sencha, hosen ocha (a very good one i've had before), from matcha, an autumnal tsukikage ocha, and in the bancha, wakayanagi ocha (typically, i drink genmaicha, but i decided to try this instead). i've tried other companies ocha, but i've found ippodo to be the highest quality, reasonably priced, and as i've visited uji (where much of the matcha is grown), i enjoy drinking tea from that region.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new name, new blog, new look! It all looks great! Your banner is beautiful and I'm so glad you're using your name, such a beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i'm really liking the color scheme and am happy i had photos which worked out. it still tickles me to think of how much i hated pink while a teenager.

    thank you! i'm a firm believer in celebrating birthday months; a bit of a restrained "happy unbirthday" celebration. but it doesn't make the actual day any less special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Anastasia and happy everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy your teas, many kinds from Ippodo! I love fine tea from Uji, too. Omedeto your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is very yummy tea; i know they are always tasty, and it reminds me of my time there!

    ReplyDelete