12.13.2011

beginnings

i'm up to something. so far i've created three pieces for my next series, and a dozen or so sketches. it's based on some thinking i had while at the doctor's office. worry gets me to thinking; it's a survival mechanism i think.

here's a peek at one of them while i was figuring out placement. i'm still working on finishing details, else i would show them all. it's really satisfying seeing a piece through from idea, to sketch, from choosing materials, to finished item. plus, i love gathering the supplies for each idea.


it's always neat evolving the idea as you go, to leave room for the piece to speak to you as it's taking form. sometimes the best art comes from listening to what the piece is telling you.

3 comments:

  1. Your words, "sometimes the best art comes from listening to what the piece is telling you" are so very true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued - can't wait to see where this is going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand, I read somewhere in a blog: listen to the cloth. It works, it is amazing.
    I am intrigued as well.

    ReplyDelete